Monday, March 2, 2009

On being eaten by office supplies

If you click above, there's a larger image where you can actually read the insights on those Post-its -- things like 'KING IN THE MOUNTAIN' and strings of numbers that look oddly Da Vinci Code-esque.

See this, guys?

That's what my Tolkien essay looks like. Post-Its a-go go. They have taken over my room, my life, and my books. Bear in mind that the above picture doesn't include the three stacks of books I have yet to flag. Incidentally, that's pretty much why I haven't updated lately...but I do have news!

First, preparations are underway for Literary Transgressions to make the move over to Wordpress! Why, you ask? Because, in the words of my lovely co-bloggist, "It's so pretty and shiny!" And she's right, you know. There were promises of a custom header if we made the transfer, too, so look for that to come soon.

Second, there will be simply millions of posts soon. I promise. Mmhm. I have one drafted right now about Tolkien and contextualization, I have one in the back of my head about the King in the Mountain archetype, and I am sure there is going to have to be one sometime about Stardust, both in the novel and film forms (probably a comparision of, actually).

Third, ummmm...well, I guess there isn't really a third, except to say that this week is my final week of classes. What does that mean for you? Only that I just may have more flexibility and time to post in the future, lucky readers :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pretty colors and I always was a sucker for a post it :) looks like you have your work cut out for you good luck ! oh and good luck with the library also! As your uncle would say (those bastards!). oops can I say that here:p

KT said...

Ha, yes, you can say that here :D It's all color-coded, believe it or not, with about 6 different meanings spread over 8 different colors (sometimes I ran out of a color and had to use another color but for the same topic).

Aaaaand I hate the library. That might have to be another post in and of itself. That, and how it still shocks me when English professors are closed-minded about certain genres.

Corey said...

You hate the library?! Who are you?!

Anonymous said...

Obliviously Corey hasn't heard the library story yet! Better clue her in before she disowns you as a friend!P.S. you know who this is but for some reason my password won't work so I decided to be anonymous :)

KT said...

I hate the library because they won't let me request more than eight books from the storage facility, and also they won't let me take out more than a total of ten books. For a masters program where I have to write two essays that both require 20 sources. Does that make any sense to you?!

Corey said...

Okay, in this extraordinary circumstances, hatred of the library is valid!

That's absurd! I have never heard of an academic library putting restrictions on how many books you can check out at a time! Ridiculous!

KT said...

IT'S STUPID STUPID TRINITY.

Just kidding. I mean, it is just Trinity, because Trinity is wacky and outdated even by Irish standards, but I really do love the school itself. Just not their stupid library policies.

In other news, though, they are finally getting on the semester system next year! Whooo! :D