Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And for my next trick...

Okay, folks, here's what's coming as soon as I get my life together:

* Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Kindly lent by my little sister, and so amazing I read it in a day.

* Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Picked up at Wal-Mart yesterday, and so great I find myself nodding along as I read like she's talking to me. I'm way excited about this one.

* Mercy by Jodi Picoult
Mom's choice at Wal-Mart, but it looks pretty good. Apparently there's some sort of trial in this one as well? Not sure.

* Edith Hamilton's Mythology, if I can find some way to do a review on it. It seems like I am going to need a different sort of format. Maybe not a review so much as a pondering, or a list of all the non-literary books English majors need to have in their libraries.

* Any suggestions, which will be put into action as soon as I get a paycheck and can get on Amazon. Don't hold your breath, as my debit card just expired and I'm supposed to be saving money for Ireland. Heh.

EDIT: Not so much on the Mercy, folks. I tried, but around the time the main character slipped into a Scottish burr--mind you, the man has barely been to Scotland--I stopped. Maybe I'll try again later, but don't expect a stunning review.

2 comments:

Corey said...

"The Blind Assassin!!"

KT said...

Ah ha! Okay, I'll keep it in mind, definitely!