Saturday, May 24, 2008

Coming Soon to a Blog Near You

My internet access will be touch and go until sometime next week, but here's a brief look at what's coming once I get settled:

-- A special romance novels post, highlighting three "best of the worst" (or is it worst of the worst?) novels from various series. Most of them involve inheritances that are about to be lost, the need for green cards, sexual abuse, and pregnancy.

-- A review of The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. Not a bad book, all in all, but not really for serious literary people. You'll see what I mean.

-- A half-review and a pondering of The Eye of Jade by Diane Wei Liang. It's a half-review because I didn't finish the book. You'll see why.

-- Other reviews, including The Coffee Trader by David Liss, Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris, a book about interpreting body language, and whatever else my parents gave me for graduation.

I'm also debating tweaking the subject matter of this blog to make it exclusively about bad books, or books I expect to be bad, which seems more in keeping with the title but would narrow the field a bit. On the other hand, bad books are always easier to write about and more fun to read, so maybe I'd actually post more. Hmm.

2 comments:

Corey said...

I just thought now would be an appropriate time to let you know that I'm a Literary Transgressions fangirl and I look forward to your posts with enthusiasm. (Especially, of course, the forthcoming romance novel one. *grin*)

KT said...

Aw yay! :D I am going through books like mad here in Cali, so I'll probably be posting more than usual.